.
(Actually written on April 12th)
.

Today is Jacob's three-month birthday. Our teeny little superguy is growing and growing! His cheeks and his little legs are finally getting pudgy, and he's recently (within the last two weeks or so) discovered that he can suck on his hands - and anything that he gets in his fists - whenever he wants.

Jacob doesn't have another check-up until he's four months old, but we're guessing that he must be over ten pounds by now. I guess I really need to get moving on pre-washing the cloth diapers so we can start using them before Jake outgrows the small size
G-Diapers and prefolds that he has (8-14 lbs.). We've been using the disposables since he was born since Dave and I weren't familiar with the whole baby thing and figured disposables would be a little easier to deal with, but I think we're ready to tackle cloth diapering. Hopefully it's not as daunting of a task as it seems. It'll take a little getting used to, but it's what I intended to do all along and will save us a bit of money in the long run. Disposables are EXPENSIVE!

Anyway... Jacob's continuing to do well on the soy formula. Over the last week or so, it seems that his gas issue may be resurfacing a bit, though, so I'm thinking of trying the Mylicon drops again to see if they help. Maybe the dairy formula just affected his system too much for the drops to help him back then, but maybe they're just what he needs to get over this less severe gas. We'll see. Aside from the gas issue, he's pretty happy most of the time.

Jake loves his stories and bright colored things. He had his first trip to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods over the weekend (with me and his Grandpa Nick) and was all wide-eyed looking at all of the lights and at the different colored packaging on the shelves. He still sleeps through most car rides, but you can only expect a baby to sleep for so long before he gets hungry and needs his bottle. :P

It seems like he's starting to stay awake more during walks. Well, during daytime walks anyway. Grandma came over yesterday, and the three of us went for a walk around the neighborhood with Goliath (our last remaining dog). He hadn't napped much earlier that morning and didn't fall asleep in the stroller at all, either. It could have been that he was too uncomfortable to sleep, though, since he was dressed for the cooler at-home temperature. I changed him when we got home and Grandpa rocked him for a while in the rocking chair. He fell asleep after a little while but woke up within minutes after Grandpa laid him down in his crib. I rocked him for a bit afterward and ending up curling up with him on the couch on his lounger pillow once he fell asleep again.
Jacob still isn't a good napper, but I think he's starting to improve little by little. I've been successful in getting hour naps out of him lately... not consistently, but it usually happens at least every other day. Other times, he strives to maintain his role as Nap-fighting Champion. :P
Dave went out-of-town to work this past weekend, and Jake fell asleep around 3 in the afternoon on Saturday. He woke up screaming and crying as if he'd had a nightmare (day terror?) about an hour-and-a-half later, so I consoled him and gave him a bottle. He fell asleep again after his bottle... and didn't wake up until 1 a.m.! Like I mentioned, though, on Sunday he wouldn't nap at all until evening. I worked today, and Dave said Jacob didn't nap at all today. After I fed him this evening, I laid him down around 5:30 and he slept until I woke him up around 7:30. He probably would have slept longer if I had let him. I wanted to give him a bath, though, and get his "birthday picture" and spend a little more time with him before we passed out for the night. He enjoys his baths so much now. After his bath and a little more food, he's now out for the night.

I wanted to take him to the library tonight to pick out a few good color-contrasting baby/toddler books, but I guess that'll have to wait for the weekend. We have a TON of books for him already, but it's always cool to see what the library has available. Plus, I'm sure that Jacob would fall in love with the place. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment