Spring - A Time For New Experiences and New Faces
.
Spring is here, and most days couldn't be more beautiful. I wish I wasn't working and could spend ALL of my days with Jacob instead of just evenings and weekends. Summer's coming soon enough which will give me the extra time, but the weather's undoubtedly going to be horrible (hot, humid, and muggy) by that time. Sigh. Oh well. I'm just trying to make the most of the nice days that I do have with him.
I took Jake outside a few times this week after work to enjoy the fresh air for thirty minutes or
so. I laid a blanket down on the grass and sat with him while he gazed at the sky and talked to the trees and the sun. He really seemed to enjoy himself until the sun started intruding on the shady spot I had picked out. Hopefully we'll have more nice days like this before the bugs start multiplying and coming out in force and before the heat kicks in.
This past Thursday, Dave and my dad went down to the base with
Jacob to meet a few wrestlers (AJ Styles, Victoria Sky, and another female wrestler) who had scheduled an appearance at the BX. They got to talk to them and have pictures taken and even got their autographs for free. Jacob got to see his grandma that afternoon, too, since she works in the BX. He was having such a good day, so she took him out of his stroller to show him off to her co-workers. Apparently, he didn't care for that too much and kept fussing at them. :P There must be something about our family's voices, speech patterns/pitch, and/or facial expressions that Jacob's already aware of. He gave his grandparents and great-grandparents big smiles his first time meeting each of them, but he tends to be scared (or at least wary) of almost anyone else who's new.
My mom came over today and picked Jacob and me up to go out for coffee. That was the only original intended destination, but Jake was doing so well that we ended up going for a walk around St. Ellen Mine Park and then out to a late lunch at Aroy Thai, too. He was a little fussy off and on but mainly only when he was hungry, tired of sitting in his car seat, or simply tired of not being home. For the most part, he was content to sit or be held and look around at all of the colors and new sights. When we got back to the house, he had another drink and then zonked out in my arms. I tried to transfer him to his crib, but the first attempt only lasted about three minutes. After more formula and another fifteen minutes or so in Mommy's arms, he stayed asleep after I laid him down again.
His gas is still waking him up in the morning as well as nasal congestion. For the gas, we're trying the Mylicon drops again, but they only help momentarily. I wish there was a straight "cure" for it, but I guess there really isn't one. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing. Maybe since he's eating more again, his body is having a hard time trying to break everything down? Maybe he'll be better once his body gets used to the extra food intake? I dunno. Fingers crossed. As for the nasal congestion, we've tried running the ceiling fan at night, using a humidifier, taking him in the bathroom after it gets steamy from a hot shower, and using saline drops combined with the nasal apirator... all with no success. He can breathe alright during the day (even though he sounds a little stuffy at times), but he wakes up wheezing and struggling for breath most mornings. It's so frustrating not being able to help him especially when all of my attempts don't do much aside from irritate the crap out of him. I wouldn't care much for someone squirting drops in my nose and shoving a bulb syringe in there every day, either. :/
No comments:
Post a Comment