The last picture of Jacob with his Binky - taken March 20, 2010
Where I was once concerned that Jacob and his Binky might be best friends for life... he now wants absolutely NOTHING to do with it. He gets fussy before he's ready to zonk out for a nap. Giving him his pacifier used to do the trick to help him soothe himself to sleep. Now if you try to put it in his mouth when he starts fussing, he gets louder and grumpier and spits it right out. :P I'm glad that I won't have to struggle with getting him to give up his Binky when he's older, but I kind of wish that it would at least be a "sometimes" thing. Currently, we're preparing the formula as needed, and the smallest amount you can make is 2 oz. at a time. Sometimes he drinks it all and still needs more to fall asleep. Other times, he drinks half of an ounce and is out cold. And then the other ounce-and-a-half gets wasted. And that stuff's expensive! Luckily I was able to get on WIC, so I get six free containers of formula each month. We're able to get by on that at the moment, but I'm sure it won't be long before we'll have to start
No comments:
Post a Comment