Friday, July 3, 2009

Will the Sickness Ever End?

I'm just about at the end of my first trimester - the point at which the nausea is supposed to start subsiding... for most women. I sit around hoping that I won't end up being among the small subset of women who are sick throughout their entire pregnancy. I try to think positive, but that's pretty hard to do when one can't even drink water or tea without puking. I'm starting to rethink the whole prenatal-vitamins-causing-sickness idea and will probably start on them again soon. It seemed to be helping for a while, but now it seems like the baby just truly doesn't like anything. And it's likely best that the baby get some nutrition with the vitamin instead of virtually none at all. The only thing with that is trying to find a time of day when I won't end up losing the vitamin directly to the toilet as well.

With school out for the summer, I'm temporarily unemployed and thus without a paycheck. It's a good thing that the school year ended when it did since that's when the nausea started becoming an issue, but it's going to be rough trying to make it through an entire summer with bills to pay and with my bank account
quickly dwindling. I applied for a position at a child care center, but I'm not sure if my body would even be able to tolerate a full work day again at the moment. The sickness used to be mainly in the evening, but now it's extremely random.

I always had this idea that I would be very "Earth Momma"-ish whenever I got pregnant. That I would love almost every minute of it (until the last few months) and be "in tune" with the baby. It all seems so silly now. I hope, though, that eventually my pregnancy becomes something a little more joyous than all of these trips to the bathroom are proving to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment