.
.
Today marks Day 5 of almost normal eating! I'm not sure if this is just a temporary reprieve or if my all-day-long morning sickness is finally bidding me "farewell" for now... but I'm happy whatever the case may be! I've missed eating food so much! Well, that is, I've missed eating food and having it actually TASTE good and having it actually stay in my stomach for the most part. I've actually been eating a fairly typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner and then eating a light snack in between there somewhere. Food is good.
For now, I'm giving all of the credit to Jolly Ranchers and Blow Pops (from Charms!). Yep, I credit artificially colored and flavored sugary candies with calming my pregnancy nausea. And yes, I've researched and supposedly they're both vegan. I read a few places that sucking on hard candies can help the nausea, so I decided to give it a shot. I'd heard about Preggo Pops, but then I found out that they're kinda pricey and essentially nothing more than naturally flavored/sweetened lollipops. I generally avoid candy and super sugary stuff and especially have since the nausea started... but the nausea just happened to go away shortly after Dave bought me a bag of Jolly Ranchers. Oh, but I only like the cherry and watermelon flavors... so Dave gets the rest.
My mind is sort of at a lull in thinking baby thoughts. I've always been fairly pudgy... and with having lost almost twenty pounds... I really can't tell if I have a "baby bump" or not. I definitely don't need to worry about buying any maternity clothes right now since my prepregnancy clothes are fitting even better than before. My mom and I have already been baby shopping, so I have a bunch of cute little onesies and newborn clothes as well as a few other things. I don't even know where I'll be living when the baby's born, so there's no nursery or special area to "set up". I have another check-up appointment next week, but the gender-determining ultrasound won't be until another week or two after that. Everything's just kind of "meh".
My back has been starting to hurt lately, but I have no one here to massage it. I'm trying to sleep on my left side as much as possible (like the baby doctors all recommend), but my left hip feels like it's all bruised and sore. I try to sleep with it slightly angled or put a whole pillow under my hip to help a little, and I guess it works halfway decent. Like a lot of other mommies, I've been having very vivid dreams that wake me up in the middle of the night... and then I can't fall back to sleep for an hour or so afterward. So I end up sleeping in for about two or three hours more than usual in the morning.
The prospects of obtaining any kind of loan for a house are starting to look slim. School (work) starts in just over a month, and I'm really not looking forward to going back to work while being pregnant. I really wasn't wanting to be back there period, but it doesn't look like there's going to be much of a choice now once again. Don't get me wrong, I have great co-workers and the kids aren't too bad (sometimes)... I just want to be with my husband! And I don't know how I'm going to manage getting up early for work in the morning if those crazy dreams keep up. I'll have to start going to bed at 8 o'clock or something! Urgh!
Hopefully Dave and I will be able to save up enough money after I start work again to have enough for first/last/deposit on a place to rent by at least October or November. We don't want to have to essentially throw our money away every month, but I think we're going to have to for another year or two until we can get our credit reports polished up. I cannot be a single mom... no... I refuse to be a single mom when I have a husband who's so incredibly excited to be a father.
I guess that's all for now. I think mood swings have officially started. Fun fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment