...
I've had quite a few appointments since my last entry. At 33 weeks, I was only measuring 29 weeks... so they did an ultrasound to make sure there weren't any problems. The little guy is on the small side; he was in the 25-29th percentile at that time with an estimated weight of about five pounds. I figured this wasn't a big deal since he still had a month of growing time left. They found, though, that my fluid levels (my own levels and that of the amniotic fluid) were pretty low and put me on bed rest for the week. I had another ultrasound the following week where they told me my levels were up a little but still advised continued bedrest.
Two weeks of my accumulated sick leave is now down the drain. I suppose I needed the time off to keep myself and Little Ninja well, but now that means less paid time off after he's here.
Anyway, we went in for another ultrasound this past week and my fluid levels are lower than last week. They're still a little better than the first time, but I NEED to drink more. It would help if I could stop getting sick and if my heartburn wasn't constant. Grrrrr.
Dave and I took a childbirth class last Saturday and this Saturday. It really seemed like all of the material could have been presented in a DVD/video format that patients could check out from the hospital or watch in a room there or something. It was pretty uncomfortable sitting in the sparsely padded chairs for a four-hour class. She gave us breaks... but still. Oh well. I found out that my hospital *does* offer vegetarian and strict vegan food options, so I want to call the Food and Nutrition manager and see what they actually have available (and to make sure there's stuff there when I come in to deliver). I'll still definitely pack my own snacks and have Dave or someone bring in some of my soy ice cream, tho'. :)
I found a lone bed bug crawling around on one of the bathroom rugs at the beginning of the week, so I guess our efforts with diatomaceous earth didn't fully do the job. It could have been the only remaining one from our little ordeal months ago, but we didn't want to risk anything with the little guy on the way. (Neither of us had gotten bitten at all after all of this time, and this was the only one we had seen in months.) Five hundred dollars later, the Terminix guys told us they didn't find any more bed bugs when they used their machines around the most common suspect areas. We're under contract to have them come quarterly, though, for the next year at an additional cost of $100 each time... so it's actually going to cost $800 for the treatment. Sigh. At least we're "safe" now and can call them back any time within the next year if we happen to find any more.
Now that this weight's off our shoulders, Dave's trying to get the bedroom back in order and then we can FINALLY start putting the baby's room together. With all of the diatomaceous earth that he sprinkled down, it's quite a task trying to vacuum it up. All of the dust clouds-up and is making it hard for him to be in there long. Little by little, I guess.
I have weekly appointments from here on out due to the low fluid levels. Hopefully I can get them up more and more and keep this little one healthy.
The one thing I like about pregnancy is laying on the couch and watching my belly change shape when he kicks and moves around. It makes me laugh more than anything. I want to get my digital camera out and film it one of these days. ;P Aside from that, I really don't think I'll miss much about pregnancy. I can't wait for the heartburn and vomiting to go away! I guess I'll miss my days of NOT worrying about the little being I brought into the world, but I'm so ready for this little guy to be here! Sorta. :P
...
No comments:
Post a Comment